Thursday, June 18, 2009

Product review for benefit ooh la lift


No matter how much sleep I get I have the worst dark circles under my eyes and now with the heat of summer, which can make eyes puffy or baggie, it's a hundred times worse. Concealer is fine in the winter but in the summer I try to avoid wearing a heavy foundation. I was looking for something light weight that I could reapply throughout the day if needed, without having it look caked on. I had been hearing and reading a lot about a brand that I had never tried or even seen "benefit". I looked into a few of their products and found that there was definitely something different about the approach this brand took to beauty. Since my greatest insecurity on my face is, without a doubt, the circles under my other wise stunning dark brown eyes, I settled on an eye brightening product call ooh la lift. It is a light pink cream that is applied using a wand with a sponge on the end that also serves as the lid so you never have to improvise. It has the texture of a watery moisturiser. The directions say to apply three dots under each eye and pat to blend. I had to use four dots for each eye but my dark circles are pretty deep. I gently patted the product over my skin using my ring and middle fingers, I am sure that you already know this but You should never use your index finger for applications to the skin around the eyes. Your ring finger is weaker and less likely to pull on the delicate skin around the eyes.
With oh la lift I saw a dramatic difference in the appearance of my eyes but I wanted a tough critic so I asked my husband if he noticed anything. You may be inclined to think that of course he would tell me that I look great, why would he want to rock the boat over make up. This is just not the case with my husband, he can in fact be painfully honest. A quality I love and hate equally. I was thrilled by his reaction because I knew that he wasn't being patronizing. He said "wow that really does make a difference".
The best part about this product is that even on the days that I reapply two or three times it never looks caked on. For around $20 Oh la lift by benefit is a must have for every hand bag. I would love to hear your product reviews or anything else you might have to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment